Published on August 19th, 2015 | by Javier Romero1
Fueled by Bullsh*t, Fueled by Everything ;)
It was a very funny and nice moment when I watched this spot about how we can produce hydrogen from manure, a very interesting way to take an advantage of the waste produced by animals.
The process consists in some steps we’ll explain briefly here:
- Turning the bullsh*it into hydrogen all starts at the digester where is mixed with water and it flows down from the top keeping the oxygen out.
- Now the bacteria works breaking down all the organic molecules and the manure creating the bio-gas that pops-up the tire being collected and sent over the purification facility.
- Here all the unwanted elements are removed and we end up with a clean renewable natural gas consisting mostly in methane (CH4).
- This gas is taken to the Steam Methane Reformer (SMR), the final step in the process.
- In the presence of a catalyst water and heat strip the hydrogen atom from methane, the hydrogen which is used to fuel the vehicle.
I hope you understand the basics of the process and ¡Enjoy the video! 🙂